Friday, May 15, 2020

Graduation Card | Cut It Up! Challenge #200 - "Shoot For The Stars"


Hello!

We've got a stellar new theme over on the Cut It Up! Challenge Blog..."Shoot For The Stars!" We would love to see any type of congratulatory projects featuring stars or star motifs! Our wonderful sponsor, Karin Martin from DRS Designs, provided the Design Team with a selection of amazing images (including the large sentiment stamp spotlighted on my graduation card!) Karin is giving a $20 gift code to the winner of this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects in our gallery! And remember,  don't forget the die cut! : )


The background panel was ink-blended with Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Inks, spritzed with shimmer spray and spattered with gold watercolor; this panel was die cut with an A2 stitched rectangle die. I die cut a thin frame to fit just inside of the stitching from heavy white card stock and glued it into place. The silhouettes were created in the Cricut Design Space and die cut from #110 black card stock (see free template below.) The hands were cut to size using the same frame die and glued at the bottom. After prepping the background panel with my anti-static powder tool, I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with gold powder. This embossed image shown brightly on this background! I adhered the front panel to a top-folding A2 card base and finished up this project by adding the flying hats and matte gold stars!


This was the inside sentiment (Pinkfresh Studio - now-retired Word Series: Brilliant) I chose for my niece who is graduating from high school - she really is powerful, brilliant and brave!!!


Thanks so much for joining me today and for your inspiring comments...they make my day!

Additional Challenges:





Rachelle

11 comments:

  1. A brilliant graduation card love the silhouettes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle, this card is spectacular! The background you've created looks amazing with the silhouette figures. Great inside sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome creation sweetie. Very affective.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun design with the bright shiny stars and black silhouette! The background makes for a wonderful contrast with the spray effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous grad card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous graduation card Rachelle! I love the inky blue background with all of the stars, fabulous silhouette too!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, great design and colors; love the inside message and silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is really fabulous!! Looks like they're really reaching way into the air. So life-like!! My dies I used on my card are by Impression Obsession and it's item #DIE295-R. I use it year after year and I love it! Makes for such easy grad cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous graduation card. I'm going to need one of these soon. The boy finally finishes his degree this year. Thanks for the inspiration. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete