Friday, May 8, 2020

Birthday Card | Alphabet Challenge "C" is for Checks - Stampin' Up "Birthday Wit" & "Birthday Brew"


Hi!

Today we start a new theme at the Alphabet Challenge..."C" is for Checks and I decided to go with a fun, quirky stamp set from Stampin' Up! that I have never used before entitled "Birthday Wit" and I LOVE this sentiment! I chose a bold graphic design for this card, mixing a dotted stencil pattern (see free pattern below - I created and cut in Cricut Design Space) with the black & white checker board strip, and when I finished it up I realized that it reminds me of the old NYC yellow taxicabs! I spattered the sentiment panel with metallic watercolors and added a few clear sparkling sequins to up the shine factor!


I decided to add a surprise pop-up feature inside since this card was going to a special friend who eats a very healthy diet but splurges on a beer or two for her "Cinco de Mayo" Birthday! I ink-blended another panel, die cut it and added the pop-up cut in the center; this panel was glued inside the outer card front. I stamped, die cut and assembled the the beer bottle images (Stampin' Up's "A Birthday Brew"). The bottles were adhered to the pop-up with foam tape and I added the inside sentiments to finish off the card! This quick pop-up added a big bang to this card and was so easy to create!


Thanks so much for stopping by and we can't wait to see your "checks" projects in the Alphabet Challenge Gallery!

Here is the free stencil pattern for you to download:


Additional Challenges:









Thanks so much for all of your comments!
Rachelle

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous fun card both inside and out the yellow and black colour combo is bold and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun birthday card, Rachelle! I have the stamp set in my retired stash as well and keep it just for that sentiment you used. It cracks me up every time! (I paired it with a dog and his bone once for a visual of what that diet would look like! LOL) Great card for the theme. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have several friends that card would be perfect for. Love your "taxicab" colors too!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday card - love the yellow taxi colour scheme xx Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and super fun!! Thanks for joining us this month at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachelle, there are so many things I love on your list... I don't know how it could be celebratory!! lol But it is, and really darned fun!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! Oh I love this card Rachelle! What an awesome pop-up design and the inside sentiment is sooo fun! Enjoy your weekend!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super clever! I love it. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad it it all those things free as it is good enough to eat. lol!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sentiment, but the surprise inside was fantastic. Such a fun card. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Diva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. You had me worried with the front but redeemed yourself with the beer. It really is brilliant. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful masculine card :-)) I like your sentiment.
    Thanks so much for joining us in our "Sentiment in Focus# challenge at The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card, i wondered where it was all leading until you revealed inside! Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room challenge.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card! Bright and cheery and totally gorgeous! Thank you for joining our Celebrations Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL .. what a fun and fabulous card creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful, positive design. I love it.
    God bless and keep you safe!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun b-day card. Love the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card would be perfect for my daughter. She eats gluten free and is dairy free and not sure what else. LOL I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete