Friday, May 15, 2020

Birthday Card | Sparkles Monthly Challenge "Use a Real Stamp" - Lawn Fawn


Hola!

Sharing a festive bridge card card with you today that mixes Hero Arts, MFT Stamps and Lawn Fawn products together! I did some friendly bargaining with one of my neighbors and traded some homemade face masks for hand crafted birthday cards; this special creation was designed for her daughter! This is also my DT submission for the new challenge over on the Sparkles Monthly Blog - "Use a Real Stamp (Non-Digi)." 

Using a stencil, I ink-blended a large cloud panel with Salty Ocean DO Ink and spattered it with water. This card ended up being 5.5" x 7" and I trimmed the cloud panel to fit the 5 sides of my scored bridge card base and adhered them in place. I really like how this creates a continuous sky in this scene!

I colored two sets of Hero Arts' Tree Arch Fancy Die and glued stacked them together. Once I determined where I wanted my piñata to hang, I trimmed and scored the trees in order to fit inside. Similarly, I die cut/ ink blended two grassy border panels the scored them the same way to fit behind the trees to give me more dimension. I began the assembly by adhering the grassy panel in place inside the niche using strong two-sided tape and then added the trees in the same way. I LOVE the shadows and depth created by these trees!


The Lawn Fawn piñata was stamped/colored/die cut and hung from the tree with a piece of twine. I cut stitched Ric Rac strips using MFT Stamps' Die in colors to match my piñata and glued them together to create my bottom border. The ric rac band was reinforced by gluing it to a smaller piece of white card stock before adhering it to the card front. This really helped keep the card together since this is the pressure point necessary for stability. The sentiments and sequins were added to finish up the card. 

We can't wait to see your stamping skills over in our Sparkles Monthly Gallery!

Additional Challenges:








Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!
Rachelle

19 comments:

  1. my goodness, this is awesome, teamie!

    hugs and kisses from Germany
    silvi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute & great bargaining.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and colorful Rachelle! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, colorful card Rachelle! I love that cute little pinata and the fabulous ric-rac border! I bet the recipient loved her card! Enjoy your weekend.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Rachelle. Love the 3D elements and the sequins to look like the bits from the pinata. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously awesome. I have this stamp and never thought to be so ambitious with it. This is just amazing. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pinata is absolutely the cutest thing ever!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, such a fun image and love the trees, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful, Rachelle!!! I love the 3D effect with the trees and hanging piñata!! Such a super fun and happy card full of bright colour and movement!!! Love the great colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun card! What an amazing design!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week !
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this card is totally amazing! Love the festive scene you created in such beautiful colors. Great way to take advantage of the fun fold. Perfectly done! Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how dimensional your card is. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great dimension on this card, such a fun scene! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Kath- DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fantastic card! A very good idea, beautiful made and fab colouring. Thanks for joining our challenge at Cute card Thursday. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That is so fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really clever design - love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! how creative are you. Thias is great. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Use dies" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow...super cute and super fun! adorable.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete