Wednesday, June 16, 2021

All Occasion Card | Pink & Main - "Sunkissed" Stamp & Die Sets

Here Comes the Sun!

Who's ready for SUMMER??? I'm sharing a sneak peek of this month's sun-filled release that will hit the Pink & Main Store on the 20th and what's summer without the perfect pair of shades? This classic style is one of the images from the NEW "Sunkissed" Stamp and Coordinating Die Sets! I just love that reflection of the ocean scene in the lenses!

I started this card with an embossed panel using the "Sun Ray 6x6 Embossing Folder" and ink blended it with a bit of "Fossilized Amber" Distress Oxide Ink. The panel was sprayed with shimmer mist, flecked with gold metallic paint and trimmed to 4.125" square. I layered the embossed panel with a skinny black mat and attached it to a 5" square card front.

I cut the outer layer of the sun from a piece of the "Garden 6x6 Paper Pack" using the NEW "Sunny Hello" Die Cut Set. This set features a sunburst circle with flip flops in the center and a layered scripty word sentiment! I used just the outer layer for this card, added a trim of "Copper Glitter Paper" for some added sparkle and a stitched circle of another pattern from the same "Garden Paper Pack"! I glued all of these pieces together in the center of the card front to create my giant sun!

The sunglasses were stamped, colored and fussy cut. I added a heat embossed sentiment from the same set, popped the glasses in place with foam tape and finished up this card with sequins/baker's twine. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you will stay tuned for more previews of this week's new release! 


Have a wonderful day and take care!

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

All Occasion Card | Pink & Main "Bold Butterfly Cover Panel Dies Bundle"

Hey there!

Thanks so much for stopping by as we continue to showcase the beautiful butterfly products from the latest release! I've got a 3-D project for you today with scored layers of the "Bold Butterfly Cover Panel Dies" to create this dimensional card! 

I began by die cutting the "Bold Butterfly Cover Die Panel A" from white card stock three times and once from heavy-weight vellum. I chose a soft pink & white color palette for this card and used the "Bold Butterfly Cover Panel Die C" to die cut my next layer from white glitter paper (from the "Metallics Glitter Paper Pack"). To add a contrast of rosy sparkle, I traced around the die itself onto the back of rose gold glitter paper (from the "Spring Glitter Paper Pack") and fussy cut the plain panel for the final layer.

With all of the pieces cut, it was time to assemble! The white glitter paper was glued to the back of the framed panel and the rose gold glitter paper followed. I hand trimmed just the butterfly body and right wing from both the extra white card stock & vellum panels, scoring where the body met the wing. These layers were attached with Scor-Tape to the top panel. I fussy cut just the body from my third white card stock panel and attached it in place with Scor-Tape to cover up the other layers! I really love how this created a 3-D effect!

I glued a panel of the pastel rose pattern paper from the NEW "Butterfly Kisses Paper Pack" onto a side-folding A2 card base, stamped the sentiment (from the "Spring Sentiments" Stamp Set), attached the layered butterfly panel on top and added a sprinkling of "Starlight Gems" to finish up the card! The scored layers really flutter when you handle this card, so the butterfly has the feeling of motion! 
Take care - Rachelle  

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Wedding Card | Angie Blom Digital Designs - "To The Wedding Couple"


It's wedding season and here is my first card featuring Angie Blom's "To The Wedding Couple" digital stamp set! Angie's digi sets are so versatile and I love how she offers pre-designed layouts so that all you have to do is print out an A2 page and you're ready to go with 4 separate A2 card fronts! However, for this layout, I did combine a couple of images in my own way to create this A7 (5x7) sized card.

I printed the digi image onto watercolor paper, painted it and added a stenciled background using Distress Oxide Inks. The entire panel was sprayed with pearl shimmer mist and heavily spattered with diluted inks/metallic paint. Once dry, the panel was trimmed to 4.75" x 6.75" and the heat embossed vellum sentiment was attached in place. All that was left was to layer the image panel onto gold metallic card stock and then attach it to the cream card base. I added pink and gold sequins to finish the design!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a great holiday weekend!


Take care and stay safe!

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

All Occasion Card | Pink & Main - "Dearest Friend" | No-Line Watercolor


I’ve got a fun no-line watercolor project for you today featuring Pink & Main's wonderful new stamp set, “Dearest Friend”. This large, cropped butterfly image can be colored in so many different ways and I decided to stamp it on kraft card stock with Distress Oxide Ink and watercolor it realistically. I have such beautiful butterflies in my backyard all summer and those that often times appear to be drab brown underneath, open their wings and end up looking like a brightly jeweled kaleidoscope! 

Here is a progression of the no-line painting: