Thursday, July 11, 2024

Christmas Card | Krafty Chicks Challenge #724

 

Hello!

It's Christmas Week over at the Krafty Chicks Challenge and I've got this bright red cardinal to share!


I pulled out some old pattern paper that I am trying to use up - it may take me the next 30 years or so to get through it all but I'm up to the challenge! I chose mini stripe and abstract snowflake patterns and adhered them to the card front, using a ribbon to hide the seam. The edges were inked with red ink and the sentiment was stamped with the same color. I drew the cardinal and swirl freehand and hand cut the pieces since the shapes were simple. I glued the pieces together and used a small black brad for the eye. The shapes were then adhered to the card to finish up the card.

I hope you will join us for some Christmas in July fun this week and be sure to head over to the Krafty Chicks' Blogs and leave them some love!

The KRAFTY CHICKS!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty cardinal!! I started on Halloween cards yesterday. I am getting into my postage die set and brought out my smaller Halloween stamps and I like how they came out :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, great job, love that paper you used, very nice die cut and layout girl. Another awesome card! Have a great evening friend. Hugs, L

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful and elegant card Rachelle. I love the die cut cardinal and the papers are gorgeous. Apologies for my lack of visits recently but I forgot how time consuming a new puppy could be. Have a great week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete