Thursday, August 1, 2024

Halloween Card | Krafty Chicks Challenge #727 Stamps

 

Boo!

We are inching ever closer to my favorite card-making holiday...HALLOWEEN! So I took the opportunity to kick things off with these gorgeous gals for this week's Krafty Chicks' Stamp Challenge!


I used a large red rubber stamp for this card (it's probably over 15-years-old!) and stamped the retro ladies on white card stock and fussy cut them. I then stamped them again on two different orange card stocks and fussy cut out the dresses on each, which were then carefully pieced onto the white images. I stamped the skinny black witches hats, fussy cut each one and added a bit of glitter and orange rhinestones; these were then glued into place! 

I cut strips of coordinating patterned Halloween paper and adhered it to the front of a 5' x 7" card base, adding a piece of mini orange ric rac and a die cut yellow moon to set the spooky scene! The witches were popped up with foam tape and pressed into place on the card front. I gave the witch on the right a pumpkin scepter, sliding the pin under her fingers/into her hand and attached it with a glue dot on the back!  

I always look forward to stamp week and can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to head over to the Krafty Chicks' Blogs and leave them some love!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Rachelle 🧡

2 comments:

  1. Just saw this on Krafty Chicks. I had to tell you how much I LOVE these images and what a great card you made with them. I love all things retro, but when you throw in a Halloween theme... Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular! The retro ladies reminded me of the Simplicity sewing pattern covers. I didn’t realize how much fun you had with this card. I love to fussy cut but you went a little crazy here and it’s perfect! Truly artistic?

    ReplyDelete