Thursday, August 8, 2024

Christmas Card | Krafty Chicks Challenge #727 - Christmas


 Welcome to the "Throw Back Thursday" Edition - and we're going way, way back for this one the very first Christmas card I ever made in 2001!

My mother passed away in 2022 and my dad ended up selling/moving out of our family home of 56 years in 2023. He made sure that I got the large box that held the hundreds of handmade cards that I had given them over the past two decades. My mother had saved them all and it was such fun to look at each one and read all of notes I had written to them both over the years! Included in the collection was this Christmas card, the first one I ever made and still one of my favorites! It was made without most of the latest, greatest crafting tools/products I have today and just goes to show that a simple handmade card, means the world to the person who receives it! 

I hope you will join us this week over at the Krafty Chicks Challenge with your Christmas projects!

Thanks for joining me today and happy crafting! Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card Rachelle and it shows that you can make a gorgeous card without all the new fangled gadgets! The background is especially wonderful. I hope you and your dad are doing ok; it's so hard to lose someone that has been such a guiding light in your life (I lost my dad in 2020). Love and hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your mother was thoughtful enough to save your cards. It’s great to reminisce about your loved one but also see where you ended up craft wise. This card is still stunning today and you’re right: we don’t need all the fancy gadgets/toys to create works of art. Thank you for sharing with the world! ❤️

    ReplyDelete