Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Birthday Card | Graciellie Design - "Vintage Peony 2" Digital Stamp Set | Guest Designer

 


Hello!

I've got another floral birthday card for you today using the NEW "Vintage Peonies 2" Digi Stamp Set by Graciellie Design! This is the second peony set in her latest release and it works perfectly with the "Vintage Library Cards" Set!



Even though I'm a clean and simple cardmaker at heart, I really love these new vintage-feel designs and I decided to add some lace, silk ribbon and beadwork to this card. I first ink blended around the floral image, adding some distressed textures and water spatters on top. I didn't have to be too careful about blending the background colors over the peony because it was going to be watercolored with vibrant colors. I really like how distressed and aged it appears!


I then watercolored the floral image and spattered some of the purples/greens onto the background to integrate them together a bit more. I also added some gold paint for a bit of shimmer and set the panel aside to dry.


The lace was placed across the top of the card front and adhered to the back with strong tape; the lavender silk ribbon was added underneath. I used an awl to carefully punch small holes into the lace pattern and stitched the beads into place with gold thread. The sentiment was die cut with a banner die, popped into place with foam tape and a few sequins were attached to finish up the card. The completed panel was then adhered to an A7 card front.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - stunning card! You've really nailed the vintage look. Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge, Sarah - DT.

    ReplyDelete