Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Halloween Card | Whimsy Stamps - Halloweener Team Guest Designer


Hello after a long hiatus!

I will start with a quick update since I haven't posted for over 9 months...I've had some ongoing medical issues (some that have been resolved and others that are still ongoing) which have taken the wind out of my creative sails. In addition, my mother was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma last October and my sisters and I traveled back to Ohio on a round-robin basis for months to help my dad provide care and home hospice for her until she passed away in mid-March. The wonderful folks at Pink & Main and Picket Fence Studios were very understanding about my shift in priorities and I have since left both of these amazing design teams to focus on personal matters. However, recently I was offered a 3-month guest designer gig on the Whimsy Stamps' Halloweeners Team and this is my first official post! I hope to provide lots of spooky inspiration for you in the coming weeks and hope you will join us for "Whimsy Stamps' 31 Nights of Halloween Blog Celebration" in October!


My first project is an outside pop-up card that uses a simple fold to create a dimensional platform for this large "Spooky" Large Word Die Cut! I inked up a long panel with Distress Oxides, scored it to create the box and glued it to the front of a horizontal A2 card front. I glued/stacked three die cuts together and cut the large bat from black glitter paper to glue on top. Small stars were die cut from my left over inked panels and added to the background to finish up the card! The large word die makes such a dramatic statement on the card front and this design could easily be simplified by removing the pop-up platform feature at the bottom and just adhering the die cut to an inked background!


Thanks so much for joining me today and I look forward to sharing more spooky projects with you in the coming weeks featuring Whimsy Stamps' great Halloween products!

Take care and happy crafting - Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. So good to see your post Rachelle,so sorry to read that your mum passed away,sending sympathy to you and yours.Also sending best wishes and prayers for a return to good health. A fabulous Halloween card in gorgeous colours with a great diecut.

    ReplyDelete