Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Christmas Card | Pink & Main - "Homespun Christmas Card Kit"

 


Happy December 1st! 

For those of you who stop by the blog on a regular basis, I will be taking a bit of a break because of a retinal tear in my right eye that requires some rest, monitoring and surgery. 

Hopefully I will be back to creating after the first of the year! But this card was already completed and I combined the singing "Pete" image from the NEW "Polly & Pete Carols" Stamp Set with the Christmas Lantern from the "Homespun Christmas Card Kit" to create this winter's night caroling scene!


The A2-background panel was ink blended using Distress Oxides Inks and spattered with diluted white paint and shimmer watercolors. When it was dry, the panel was attached to a top-folding A2 card base. I stamped, watercolored and die cut the two images focusing my coloring on capturing the glow of the single candle in the lantern. I made sure to paint around the white margin of the die cuts so that they would blend into the scene.


I die cut the snow bank from heavy-weight white card stock, stamped the sentiment using my MISTI, backed it with a cereal box chipboard and glued it to the card front. Adding this additional layer of chipboard creates depth and strengthens the panel. The images were adhered into place and a few sequins finished up the card! I just love how he is singing with all of his heart - it's so cute!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful holiday season!
Love - Rachelle

5 comments:

  1. He's definitely giving it all he's got,fabulous card Rachelle,take care hope all goes well if you require surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you recover soon hun. I will miss your inspiration. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ... SO CUTE and your coloring is AMAZING! Beautifully done my friend! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hear Pete all the way to Michigan, Rachelle - and he's singing a favorite carol!
    So sorry to hear about your eye! I hope all goes well, and maybe it will heal all on its own - I'll send my prayers for that!
    I'll miss you but you take care of yourself, relax, and enjoy the Holidays!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! I love it! All the best for your surgery, take care of yourself and hope to see you creating again once you feel up to it. (:

    ReplyDelete