Saturday, November 27, 2021

Christmas Card | Picket Fence Studios - "Holly Jolly" Stamp Set


Hello and welcome to Picket Fence Studios' "25 Days of Christmas"! It's Rachelle here today with some crafting inspiration and I'd like to share a new technique with you that mimics the look of mercury glass! I was experimenting with the Paper Glaze Enhancer in combination with some of the Paper Glitz colors and while you should NOT mix Glitz & Enhancer together into a single blended product, I did try using them separately on top of each other and came up with something that really resembles one of my favorite finishes - antique mercury glass.


The Paper Glaze Enhancer is a soft, matte lightweight paste (resembling spackling compound in texture) and dries to a semi-transparent dull finish when used on its own. I thought that I might be able to accent some areas by applying "Sparkle" Paper Glitz on top of the stenciled areas and when it was all dry, some of the areas of the Paper Glitz highlighted the Enhancer and some of it seemed to melt into the kraft background with a mirror effect! The photo can't quite capture it but believe me this looks so cool in real life! I just applied a thin coat of each product using the Slim Line "Changes" Stencil and set it aside to dry. It was trimmed down to 3.75" x 5" and adhered to a top-folding A2 card base.

The leaf and berry cluster from the "Holly Jolly Christmas" Stamp Set was stamped/heat embossed with clear powder, watercolored and die cut. The wonderful sentiment from the "Winter Has Come To Town" Stamp Set was heat embossed and die cut. 


I looped some silver thread into a bunch, taped it together and adhered it to the stenciled panel. The holly image was popped up with foam tape and the sentiment strip was glued into place. I added pink and matte gold sequins (from The Pink Lady Sequins Mix) to finish up the card. I hope you'll give this look a try and I'd love to see you share what you come up with over on the Picket Fence Studios' Community Facebook Page! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and take care!

Hugs - Rachelle

3 comments:

  1. The glazed background is beautiful,the texture and finish look amazing against the kraft,the holly leaves and berries are beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mercury glass, too, Rachelle, and think you've come up with a pretty cool recipe for it!
    Gorgeous background - fabulous Holly!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rachelle!! I love the image and it's colored beautifully, the background is amazing, love the glass effect! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete