Thursday, July 15, 2021

Christmas Shaker Card | Picket Fence Studios - "Merry Christmas" Word Topper Die

    
Happy Friday Eve!

I've got more great products to share with you from Picket Fence Studios' July Release including the two dies I used to make this shaker card! This card was super easy to create but could be made even easier by using the full front shaker method! 

I started by ink blending an A2 cardstock panel with my largest "Life Changing Blender Brushes" using "Salty Ocean" & "Chipped Sapphire" Distress Oxide Inks. After I spritzed the panel with shimmer mist, I set it aside to dry in a heavy book! Both the NEW "Santa's Snowy Hills" and "Merry Christmas" Word Topper Dies were used to cut panels from white card stock; the word topper die was lightly blended with the "Salty Ocean" Ink at the bottom.


The blue panel was attached to an A2 card front and the die cuts were glued down on top. Several white die cut frames were glued together and backed with a piece of acetate and a double layer of skinny foam tape strips were added behind the framing.

I glued a handful of snowflakes from the NEW "Icicles" Sequins Mix onto the inky sky (just so they would remain suspended when the card was upright) and then added a scoop of the sequin mix to the middle of the card front. The release paper was removed from the foam tape and the acetate window was pressed onto the card. I absolutely love shakers and these two silhouette dies are perfect for this card style!

Here are the products I used:




11 comments:

  1. Your cards are always so eye catching. I love how you use bright colours. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning Christmas card Rachelle! I love all of the blue and fabulous shaker design, awesome sequin mix too!
    Take care,
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous Christmas card,love the scene you created

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. It’s perfect.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love how you incorporated the topper die. Love the shaker design too!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shaker card. Thanks for playing at TMR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge, Goga

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw these in the (on-line) store today -- so happy to see them in use!! I really like how you shaded the merry christmas word die. The whole card is great. Thank you for playing along with the SAS4Kids challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shaker card with a serene and pretty winter scene! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete