Friday, June 25, 2021

Birthday Card | Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog - Guest Designer Spot

Hello Everyone!

I'm so excited and honored to be the Guest Designer today on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers' Blog! I was chosen as Amanda Wilcox's "Designer Pick" during the recent 2021 Spring Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and I'm so happy to share this card based on my favorite coffee blend, "Pleasant Morning Buzz", from Whole Foods! The old packaging design used to show bees buzzing around a flower garden with their tiny coffee cups filled to the brim and so I decided to try and recreate this scene with one of my favorite stamp sets, "Bee Happy", from Hello Bluebird! Butterfly Reflections, Ink. always carries such a great selection of HB products and is a very generous Super Sponsor of the Coffee Lovers Blog Hops! 


I stamped, water colored and die cut all of my images. I needed a few extra flowers and a glass coffee carafe and so I drew those myself with a black permanent marker and they were colored/fussy cut. I inked a slimline panel with Distress Oxides to create my sunrise background and die cut it with the largest of Pink & Main's "Stitched Slimline Dies" (3.5" x 8.5"). I inked/die cut the grass strip with Sunny Studio Stamps' "Slimline Nature Border Die (rolling grass) and this was glued to the sunrise panel.


I adhered all of the images into place on the top panel and layered this with a black mat before attaching it onto my slimline card base (4' x 9"). I added a computer-generated sentiment strip and sequins to finish up the card front! 


Here's the inside complete with a gift card so that this coffee lover can purchase their own favorite brew!

Challenges:







Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!
Rachelle

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful vibrant scene. I love to see your colouring. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine in abundance,a beautiful sunny background and those busy bees,love the coffee carafe and cup you added inspired by your favourite blend. All quiet here weather very mixed,full today but the forecast is good for the weekend.Hopefully by the time you visit the U.K all will be back to normal.There are some beautiful locations in Scotland.I'm afraid the only place in the U.S.A I've visited is Florida which I enjoyed very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy and delightful card - the colors are so perfect! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest card Rachelle!! I love the beautiful scene you created and all of the images are colored beautifully, such a fun and bright card!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bright and beautiful card with bumble bee scene! Gosh, it is so sweet and saw it over on the CLB!! Gorgeous colors too!!
    Your avid fan, @jordanbev5
    Beverly Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet. I love the bees with their morning coffee. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete