Wednesday, June 30, 2021

All Occasion Card | Pink & Main - "Stand Tall" Stamp/Die Sets


Happy Wednesday!

It's been so long since I've seen the ocean and I can't wait to get back there - but for now, I'm going to have to settle for this tropical, sandy scene featuring a long-legged beauty from Pink & Main's new mini stamp/die set called "Stand Tall!"

I began by ink blending a piece of white card stock with horizontal bands of "Spun Sugar", "Worn Lipstick", and "Abandoned Coral" DOI's. You can see the blend fade in the photos! I misted the inks with a bit of shimmer mist and stamped the flamingo multiple times across the page with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink. After the panel was totally dry, I added a bit of color from my ink pads to the wing/face/bill on each bird for a bit of extra detail. The image was die cut and backed with two extra die cuts for stability and dimension.


I pulled out almost all of my blue DOI's to create this ocean/sky blended background! I began by randomly blending the sky and then used a piece of scrap paper to create the water horizon line. From that point, I ink blended against a torn paper edge creating the wave pattern, shading it to a lighter value near the sandy shore. I blended the sand in the same way and added a spattering of darker browns to make it look textured. This panel was trimmed with the "Stitched Slim Line Die" and glued onto a card base measuring 8.5"X3.5". The flamingo was glued on top and the sentiment from the NEW "Be A Mermaid" Stamp Set was stamped at the bottom using the MISTI. I added some shell sequins, "Vitamin Sea" Glitter Enamel Dots and a jute string along the side to finish up the card!

Thanks so much for joining me and have a wonderful day!

Challenges:






Rachelle

8 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your colouring skills Rachelle,a stunning card.

    Hubby and I were walking on Aberdeen beach at 8.30,on Sunday morning it was beautiful and not too hot.We have the best of both worlds,both the North sea and the countryside within a few miles.

    Hope you are both well Meg x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine zauberhafte Karte. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card with that cute flamingo

    Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely summery card! That flamingo is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, love the tall design, awesome ink blending and a fabulous card, thanks for joining us at shopping Our Stash for Tropical Delights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning slimline card Rachelle! Your ink blending is absolutely gorgeous and that flamingo is so cute!! I hope you had a nice 4th!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT

    ReplyDelete