Friday, March 19, 2021

Birthday Card | Pink and Main - "Oh Happy Day!"


 Hello There!

I’m featuring one of the adorable dragons from the new “Oh Happy Day” Stamp/Die Set! This is the first of a brand new “Stamp | Die of The Month” Subscription that begins this month! You can choose to subscribe to just the stamp set or the stamp/die combo and either way, it’s an amazing value! All of the FAQ’s are listed under the SUBSCRIPTIONS Tab on the website!
My great-nephew is celebrating his 4th birthday and this will be the perfect card for him! I started by stamping/coloring the largest dragon image – he’s so cute holding that giant balloon bouquet! I die cut the image and adhered a blank die cut to the back. 


I ink-blended a bright blue sky with DOI’s (Salty Ocean & Chipped Sapphire) and over-stenciled a subtle pattern using the new “Stained Glass” Pattern, which will be available in tomorrow’s release! This panel was spattered with shimmer spray and blue pearlized paint, die cut with the largest A2 Stitched Rectangle Die and attached to a top-folding A2 card base.
 
I die cut multiple cloud images (using older Crafty Courtyard Box dies) from both white card stock and one of the new Holographic Specialty Paper Packs. I stamped the sentiment onto one of the larger clouds and layered the images together to create fiery cloud shadows. This effect is amazing and so vibrant – the new papers out tomorrow will definitely spark your creativity!


I adhered the clouds and the dragon to the front panel with glue and/or foam tape and added a scattering of iridescent sequins to match the holographic paper! I just love that bright orange dragon flying against the deep blue sky! Here's a short video that shows the color changes in the paper!


Thanks so much for joining me and be sure to check out the new release tomorrow! Have a great weekend and take care! 

Rachelle

4 comments:

  1. A really cute image and fabulous layout,love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable and I love the holographic clouds. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, colorful card Rachelle! I love that sweet image and the fun sentiment! I hope you are doing well.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that is super cute! And I LOVE those holographic clouds!

    ReplyDelete