Saturday, August 15, 2020

All Occasion Card | Sparkles Monthly Challenge #131 - "Use At Least 3 Pattern Papers" | Paper Rose - "Cactus Quotes"


Hi!

We have a great new theme over on the Sparkles Monthly Challenge Blog - "Use At Least 3 Pattern Papers" in your project! This challenge was a bit tough for me because I don't use a lot of pattern paper and so I went looking for a bit of inspiration! I headed over to Julee Tilman's blog, "Poetic Artistry", and instantly fell for her latest Mojo Monday Sketch #543!


I pulled out my 6" x 6" paper packs and found a handful of patterns to mix-n-match for this layout. The papers were cut (per the sketch design) and adhered onto a top-folding A2 card base. I stamped/colored/die-cut the potted aloe plant from Paper Rose's "Cactus Quotes" and popped it up with foam tape for a bit of dimension. I added the tiny heat-embossed sentiment and a few iridescent jade sequins to finish up the card. 



I really ended up loving this sketch and already have several ideas for future cards using this great layout!  Thanks Julee!!! I often forget how much fun it is to use a sketch as my starting point because I'm usually so focused on some other challenge requirement! Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to head over to the Sparkles Blog to see the inspiration from the Design Team!

Additional Challenges:





Thanks so much for joining me!
Rachelle

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful card with a luscious image in gorgeous colours and great selection of papers and layout,I'm using papers much less now too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee, I do like to give you a challenge. I absolutely love the way you coloured that cactus. It's beautiful. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Adorable mix of design papers, sketch and cactus pot colouring! LOVE the whole design, it's so sweet and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The coloring on your succulent is so pretty. We are so pleased that you joined us at Watercooler Wednesday for our Occasions Challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous Rachelle!! I love the color combo and that awesome cactus, your coloring is absolutely gorgeous, fabulous sketch too!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Rachelle this is awesome. I love how you have chosen to use the different papers.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love papers and I am new to this challenge, so i will definitely be playing along! Love the papers you used....the colors are some of my favorites! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm-mmm, I love both turquoise and plaid so this is dreamy to me, Rachelle! Your succulent coloring is perfection! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card. Love the colors. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card love the aloe plant and great colouring to co-ordinate with your papers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I love doing the Mojo Sketches and you've done a fabulous job with this one! GREAT colors! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete