Friday, August 28, 2020

New Home | MFT Stamps - In Paris & Town Bear | Pop-Up Card | Alphabet Challenge - "K" is for Kraft Paper

Hi there!

My nephew and his wife just bought their first house and here is the congratulatory card I sent to celebrate this happy event! I created a CAS design using two now-retired MFT Stamp sets - "In Paris" & "Town Bear". This card features a simple kraft paper palette and easy pop-up surprise inside! I chose this palette for our new theme over at the Alphabet Challenge "K" is for Kraft Paper and we would love to see how you use it in your projects!

I cut an A2-sized panel with a hemstitch die and glued it onto a side-folding white card base. After I stamped & die cut a selection of trees/houses on both white and kraft card stock, I started to play with the pieces. I decided to focus in on one house, keeping it white and adding a color pop with one mini red heart; all of the components were glued into place and the sentiment was stamped directly on the card front.


I used additional MFT Dies (all retired) to create the pop-up feature on the inside by die cutting the "Our Town" silhouette on both kraft/white card stock and gluing the pieces together. This panel was trimmed to 4.5" x 3.75". I glued/stacked two of the large MFT "You" die cuts together and adhered it to the town panel - the sentiment was stamped just below.


To create the folding pop-up box, I cut an 11" long strip of white card stock 2.5" high and scored it at 1", 5", 6" & 10". I burnished all of the folded score lines and glued the two end pieces together to create my box. Two sides of this box were adhered into the middle fold (one to each side) and even with the bottom. Here's a quick sketch : ) 
All that was left was to glue the town panel to the front of the box! You get a lot of bang for the buck with this pop up! Thanks so much for joining me and we can't wait to see your kraft-y projects over in our gallery!

Additional challenges:






Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!
Rachelle

11 comments:

  1. A fantastic card,the pop up row of houses looks spectacular,a brilliant make as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. How simply effective is this? Great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card, Rachelle! Love the pop-up!! Great use of Kraft paper, which I always struggle with. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is so cute ... my realtor (for mom's estate and who we found out happens to be related to us) would LOVE if I made her cards like this! And the kraft looks fabulous ... that's a card stock color I rarely use. Awesome inspiration ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this...I love kraft and anything, and how fun to have the pop-up inside! Clever! They'll treasure it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An awesome Welcome to Your Home creation Rachelle.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable Rachelle!! I love the tiny house and the awesome pop-up design! What a beautiful design for kraft paper! They are going to love this card. Enjoy your weekend.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous. Such a simple look and then the added surprise. Genius. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Rachelle, and it looks so good on the craft paper.Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought for sure I came over to tell you how much I loved your cards. I especially love the one with the house on kraft and the one that is white. such striking design. Love the hemstitch die. Fab cards.

    ReplyDelete