Wednesday, April 15, 2020

All Occasion Card | Ellen Hutson - Mondo Gerbera Daisy - Sparkles Monthly Challenge #127 "Spring Is In The Air"



Hi There! Time for some FLOWER POWER to celebrate spring!

We are finally getting over heavy pollen season here since most of the trees have leafed out and hopefully we can spend a bit more time outside now that the "golden haze" has dissipated a bit! I am so excited to announce that I will be joining the great design team over on the Sparkles Monthly Challenges Blog with his month’s theme: “Spring Is In The Air” and this Mondo Gerbera Daisy Stamp from Ellen Huston just feels like a burst of Spring to me!


I stamped the daisy onto 110# white cardstock with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. The image was colored with water colors, spattered with diluted paints, and die cut using an A2 stitched rectangle die. This panel was adhered to a top-folding A2 card base.

   

Using Pinkfresh Studio's "Pretty Frame Set", I die cut four frames from white cardstock, separated just the skinny inner frame and glued/stacked these together. I added another ink-blended green frame on top, which gave me a dimensional accent window and I glued it into place over the flower. 

I stamped the sentiment using the MISTI and added a few sequins to finish the card. I can’t wait to get this out in the mail to spread a bit of springtime to someone in my family who lives up north - they got more snow over the weekend!

Challenges:

Creativ Fusion Arts & Crafts Blog #16 - Spring Flowers

The Paper Girls - #197 - Florals

Dragonfly Dreams - Add a Flower

Inspirational - #210 - Word Prompt: SPRING

Artistic Stamper - Creative Team Blog - April - In The Garden

Make My Monday Challenge #120 - Spring Flowers

The Flower Challenge #43 - Spring/Autumn

Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope that you stay safe and healthy!

Rachelle

14 comments:

  1. That stamp is a brilliant size you've coloured it beautifully and the frame you created draws the eye to these gorgeous colours in the centre of the flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Rachelle, welcome to the team. Love the colours.
    Hugs
    Cathy Teamie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This flower is amazing! I love it. How can your pollen be gone? Ours is ramped up even worse now. I cleaned off my patio table on Saturday and you should see it now :(. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe of your colouring skills. This is so stunning. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Rachelle! I love that flower and it's colored beautifully, fantastic highlights too!
    Take care & stay healthy.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dazzlingly gorgeous! The colouring here is nothing short of breathtaking. What a vibrant, incredibly lovely greeting.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you've added light to this pretty card. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty! I love the way you really have your flower framed. The bleach spots add so much to the flower, almost like dew drops. Thanks for playing along at Make My Monday challenges! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful card ! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to join us DT as a guest !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation, love how you have coloured this bloom, looks amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your card, that flower looks wonderfully done!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring is out of this world! I love the frame over the bloom too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is wonderful! Thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen
    blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete