Thursday, March 7, 2019

Birthday Card | Hello Bluebird - Pig Day

Hey!

Sharing this adorable party pals card with you today courtesy of Hello Bluebird’s “Pig Day” stamp/die set! This is such a fun, happy set and the critters are so well drawn – just like all of the Hello Bluebird images. 😊

I wanted this card to have several layers and I started by creating the party scene with MFT’s Stitched Dome STAX Die-namics. I taped the two largest dies together to form a frame and then ran it through my die cutting machine several times on both light yellow and white card stock. I glued/stacked 3 yellow frames together and set it aside. I then lightly blended the blue sky with distress oxide ink onto one of the white dome die cuts. On the second white dome, I blended greens at the bottom and die cut the grass border – I glued this down to the sky dome. The images were stamped, colored and die cut. I glued/stacked multiple die cuts together for the pig and balloons. I wanted the little peep to have her own party hat so I drew a teeny tiny one, colored/cut it and glued it to her head. The party hats were finished with tiny jewels for a bit of sparkle. Once my scene was arranged, I glued all of the pieces into place or popped them up with foam tape.

I didn’t have a plaid that really matched my color scheme for this card and so I created one in PowerPoint! It’s really easy to design your own plaids and here’s what mine looked like:


I adhered the printed plaid to the front of a 5.5” x 5.5” top-folding card front. I then lightly blended a blue sky onto a piece of white card stock measuring 3.75” x 5.5”, backed it with craft foam and glued it to the top of the card front. The sentiment was stamped using the MISTI and the dome scene was glued to the sky panel. The card was finished off with a generous application of Wink of Stella on all of the images. This card just makes me smile!


Thanks for stopping by!
Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe this fabulous plaid was created with powerpoint??!! Lesson please?
    This darling little piggy says wee wee wee all the way to the cake!! SO cute!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I definitely need a tutorial from you on creating plaid in powerpoint! Awesome!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete