Friday, March 8, 2019

Birthday Card | MFT Stamps - Puppy Kisses and Hello Bluebird - Pig Day


Happy Fri-Yay!

Who doesn't love a puppy flying on a birthday balloon? Today's card is a happy blend of MFT and Hello Bluebird products that fit together perfectly. 😉

Using the Gallery Frame #2 Die, I cut two frames each from navy and red card stock; these were glued/stacked together for added dimension. I blended soft clouds onto white card stock with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink, spritzed the panel with shimmer spray and die cut it with the same frame die. All of the pieces were then glued into place on the front of a top-folding A-2 card base.

The other images (MFT's "Puppy Kisses" & Hello Bluebird's "Pig Day") were stamped, colored, die cut and finished off with a generous application of Wink of Stella (WOS). I glued/stacked multiples of the balloon images together to provide additional stability since they would be floating freely on the card front. These images were then adhered to the card front.


I created a template for the 3-D banner and hand-cut it from a piece of gold card stock. I applied WOS to the front, added a sentiment using the MISTI and then glued it into place. I ♥ love  how this banner turned out! It folds perfectly flat when put into the envelope but because of the zig-zag folds, it pops right off of the card, creating wonderful dimension.

This card was submitted for the "Seize The Birthday" Anything Goes Challenge.

 Seize The Birthday

Have a great weekend!
Rachelle

3 comments:

  1. I really love your fun layout on this card! Your background looks amazing! Wish I was picking winners this week! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! I appreciate the opportunity to submit my cards for the Seize the Birthday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Your sponged background is awesome and once again, your use of color is spot on!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete