Wednesday, March 6, 2019

All Occasion Card | Lawn Fawn - i love you(calyptus)


Hi There!


Here with an all-Lawn Fawn card today! February was my birthday month and I took advantage of Lawn Fawn’s offer of the free “Party Koala” stamp-die set. I added the recent “i love you(calyptus)” set to the order so that I could double the “Koala” fun and these two adorable sets work perfectly with each other!

    

I stamped, colored and die cut the bear; adding some black glaze pen for his eyes/nose and a light touch of Wink of Stella. I knew that I wanted to create a small tree-climbing scene off the right edge of my top-folding A-2 card and so I die cut a circle from a piece of 4.25” x 5.5” white card stock to get started. I used the die cut shape as my guide and built the scene on top of it. I blended two grass backgrounds with distress oxide inks and die cut them using Lawn Fawn’s “Stitched Hillside Borders” and “Grassy Border” dies. I then cut the trees using the “Birch Trees” dies and shaded then with some oxide inks, too. I cut a piece of 'Elsie' blue gingham paper from Lawn Fawn’s “Gotta Have Gingham” petite paper pack for the sky and glued that onto the circle die cut. I then continued to arrange my scene within that shape. I made a couple of small slits on the bear’s arms so that I could position him hugging onto the tree and popped him off of the background with foam tape. I adhered this scene onto the card base and trimmed off the excess from the right side. I backed the die-cut piece of card stock with craft foam and attached it onto the card front overlapping the koala scene. I stamped/die cut the banner onto pink paper with the “Bannertastic” sets and then stamped the sentiment. I stacked/glued several banner die cuts together to give it stability and glued it into place on the front. I really like how it waves into the scene! I added a die cut heart and some pink bling from Lucy’s Little Things "True Love" Crystal Collection.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment