Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Birthday Card | Ellen Hutson / Julie Ebersole - Over It & Unicorns 'N Rainbows


Greetings from the land of unicorns and rainbows!

Truth be known, I’m not really a “pink-and-purple-unicorn” kinda gal, but I couldn’t pass up these sassy designs created by Julie Ebersole! Today I would like to share a card featuring the “Over It” and “Unicorns 'N Rainbows” stamp/die sets.

I had a vague idea of how I wanted this card to work and so I started by stamping, coloring and fussy-cutting out the rainbow from the “Over It” set. Once I figured out that my rainbow was going to start in green hills and end up in the clouds, I was able to begin on the background panel. I lightly blended Distress Oxide Inks to create the sky under my rainbow and finished up by extending it upwards into rays of sunshine using MFT’s “Radiating Rays” Stencil. The entire panel was spritzed with shimmer spray and flecked with opaque pearl and gold metallic watercolors; while the photos can't quite capture the effect, it’s really luminous and glowing!

I stamped, colored and die cut the other images and upped the shine quotient by applying a heavy coat of Wink of Stella! Multiple die cuts were stacked/glued under the colored images to give them some depth. I glued the rainbow onto the panel and arranged the other images into place so that I could determine the location for my sentiment, which I then stamped using the MISTI. The images were glued onto or popped off the panel using foam tape. I added just a bit more glimmer with a sprinkle of mini gold matte stars and sparkling sequins from Lucy’s Little Things.

The panel was then glued onto the front of a top-folding A-2 card front.


Thanks for stopping by!
Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute unicorn he is!! Jumping over that rainbow! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sherri! I can't get enough of these great images from Julie Ebersole! I have a special birthday card planned for "National Unicorn Day" (April 9th), which I will give to the little 5-year old who lives next door! She's a pistol :)

      Delete