Friday, March 22, 2019

All Occasion Card | Hero Arts - MMH Kit December 2018


Hello!
I would like to share a card using the great images from the Hero Arts MMH December 2018 Kit. I needed to find something to work for my entry in the Color Throwdown Challenge #535 and these dandelions and lady bug fit the bill perfectly - red, yellow, soft green and white!

CTD535

Sometimes when I don’t have a clear plan for my layout, I will quickly stamp/die cut the main images and play with the placement until things come together. When I tried to make the dandelion bunch fill the bottom of the left corner, the stems weren’t long enough and the small leaves that came with the set weren’t quite large enough in proportion for the space. To lengthen the stems, I put all of the images into the MISTI side-by-side and then inked the images from the top down, leaving the very bottom of the stems uninked. This allowed me to extend the watercolor by about 2”and I finished the stems by drawing the outline with a fine-tip, permanent black marker. I die cut the images in a similar way by cutting within a 1/2" of the original stem base and finishing the rest by fussy cutting.


In addition, I drew some larger leaves with the permanent black marker (in the same style as the rest of the images) onto 100# white card stock, watercolored and fussy cut them. They blend with the other leaves perfectly! In fact, they really resemble the dandelions that are currently sprouting in my front yard!

A 4.25” x 5.5” piece of Lawn Fawn's "Daisy" Gotta Have Gingham Paper was glued onto the front of an A-2 top-folding card base. I die cut the rectangular frame twice from white card stock, glued it together and then die cut it again using MFT’s Stitched Oval STAX Die-Namics. I wanted the frame to create a window for the dandelion bunch and so I adhered a piece of craft foam to the back. I glued and/or popped the stems and leaves onto the gingham background. The die cut frame was glued into place on the front with one of the large leaves extending forward through the opening. The ladybug die cut was glued into place and a heat-embossed, die cut sentiment strip was added to the front. I finished the card with a few sequins from the Lipstick Sequin Mix from Lucy's Little Things and a little Wink of Stella.

Thanks for stopping by!
Rachelle

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dawn! I appreciate the kind comment!

      Delete
  2. Rachelle, Your card is absolutely striking! I love the composition and your use of color and space is awesome. I am delighted that you have applied for our team. I will spend some time on your blog this morning and we will be in touch!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chana! I was very excited that this card won the Color Throwdown this week :) I look forward to all of the great challenges that you have planned in the months ahead!

      Delete