Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Birthday Card | Altenew - Peony Spray & MFT Stamps' - Geometric Stars Stencil


Hi!

Soon it will be time for the peonies to start blooming here in North Carolina! Yippee! And while I’ve never actually seen a blue peony, I would like to share one with you today.

I smooshed several colors of distressed oxide inks (Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, Twisted Citron) onto my Ranger Inkssentials Craft Sheet and sprayed it heavily with shimmer spray. I randomly tapped a piece of white card stock into the diluted inks several times, dabbed it with a paper towel and repeated the process until I had the color placement I wanted. I always slip the damp card stock pieces in between two clean sheets of paper and place a stack of books on top so that the paper will dry flat. Using the same inks, I blended a background onto a piece of 4.5” x 5.75” of white card stock and flecked it with metallic/pearlized watercolors. When it was dry, I die cut the rectangular frame and the inside sentiment (MFT Stamps' Scripty Birthday Wishes Die) from this blended background. The frame was glued onto a top-folding A-2 card base made from 110# Neenah Solar White Card Stock.

 

I then blended a distress oxide ink background onto white cardstock using MTF Stamps’ Geometric Stars Stencil. The background was sprayed multiple times with shimmer mist and flecked with the metallic watercolors. I cut a piece of this background 1 1/4” wide, trimmed it to fit into the frame and glued it into place along the left side.

Using the MISTI, I stamped the Altenew Peony Spray onto the inked background with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and fussy cut the peony image. I stamped an additional spray into heavy card stock and fussy cut it on the inside lines so that it was smaller than the first image; this was glued onto the back of the first to provide stability. I placed the cut flower spray onto the card front just to determine the location for my sentiment and stamped it using the MISTI. I adhered the peony to the card with foam tape and finished the card front with iridescent jewels from Lucy’s Little Things.


I glued the die cut sentiment into place on the inside of the card, fussy cut another partial peony flower head and adhered it to the interior layout as well. 

 

Thanks for stopping by!
Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I like the treatment on the inside of the card particularly that shimmer around the Peony! You have a great eye for color and composition. I think those cardmaking dreams are paying off big time for you! Thanks for such a lovely submission to our blog and our DT search!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chana - this is one of my favorite cards of the past few months and I gave it to my Aunt - who never ever forgets my birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete