Friday, December 14, 2018

Christmas Card | MFT Stamps - Lawn Fawn - Sunny Studio Mash-up


Happy Fri-YAY!

Who doesn't love a good Christmas Card Mash-Up??? And this one features some of my favorite products from MFT, Lawn Fawn and Sunny Studio!

I started off by creating the interactive card panel (4.25" x 5.5") with Distress Oxide Inks and pearlized watercolor, which was lightly sponged through MFT's "Snowfall" Stencil. The slider mechanism was cut using Sunny Studio's Sliding Window die and the score lines reinforced using a bone folder. I adhered a piece of white shimmer card stock onto the front of an A-2 top-folding card base and blended a little oxide ink at the bottom where the sliding window would reveal the sentiment. I placed the panel over the shimmer paper and lightly marked the margins of the opening with a pencil. The sentiment was then stamped using a MISTI.

I die cut all of my snowman pieces (hat, scarf, and head) and then die cut a circle slightly larger for his body. I wanted to keep the background simple so I blended a piece of cardstock with darker oxides and cut it with Lawn Fawn's Forest Border die at the top. I adhered this to only the bottom half of the slider window so that it would pop-up when the panel was pulled.  I cut a snow drift using Lawn Fawn's Hillside Border die, blended it with the same Oxide inks and glued it to the bottom of the background panel. The snowman was assembled/glued down and finished off with black jewels for his eyes and buttons. I cut a piece of black card stock to use as the slider piece and rounded the top corners with a punch.  Two punched circles were glued to the top of the card and a piece of baker's twine finished off the pull tab.


♥ LOVE ♥ this simple interactive card!

Thanks for stopping by!
Rachelle

3 comments:

  1. How delightful! I love this Rachelle! I need to get this die... I've had it in the cart at different times but not finished the order! :D I've made them in the past by hand and I keep telling myself I can do it without the die but the stitching lines!!! The stitching lines get you every time! lol I love your snowman against this beautiful blue blending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I held off on purchasing this die for many months as well and you're right - the stitching is the clincher!

      Delete
  2. I have it now Rachelle! yahoo! lol

    ReplyDelete