Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Pop Up Card | Lawn Fawn - Yay Kites


Hi there!

Today I would like to share my first pop up card! Yippee! It's a whole new world and using Lawn Fawn's "Stitched Hillside Pop-Up" made it easy after my planning was done! I decided that I wanted to create a kite flying scene so of course Lawn Fawn's "Yay Kites" stamp/die set was perfect!

Keeping the card front very simple, I just used a sentiment banner, grassy border die cut and baker's twine. It's all about the big reveal! 


I created the kite flying scene in layers by first adhering the light blue card stock panel, puffy cloud border pieces and single clouds. This side of the card was finished with a dark blue frame. Since the hillside pieces were being cut from green patterned paper, I continued that paper on the other side of the card’s interior. All of the images were stamped, water colored and die cut. I glued 3 of the “hello” die cuts together, attached it securely to the back of the kite and finished it off with twine ribbons. The animals were glued directly onto the pop up layers and the flying kite was attached to the bunny’s paw. I LOVE how the kite flies suspended above the scene! 

I decided to add a sky/cloud panel onto the “grass” in front of the pop up, which gave me a place to write my sentiment. Wink of Stella and clear sequins were added for just a little bling and BAM the card was finished!

I can’t wait to start my next pop up card! 😊


Thanks so much for joining me and have a great day!

Rachelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment