Tuesday, June 19, 2018

All Occasion Card | Church Die Cuts





Hey there!

Today I wanted to share a series of religious-themed cards that can be used for many occasions – thinking of you, sympathy, thankfulness, etc. The background takes center stage on these cards and the technique is easy with Distress Oxide Inks. I knew that I wanted to make a few versions of this same card so I began by cutting sheets of letter-sized Neenah Solar White Card Stock into 4.25 x 5.5” pieces. The background was created by blending Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet together on each of these paper pieces. I spritzed water droplets onto the surface to activate the ink, daubed it with a paper towel and flicked additional drops of gold and white opaque paint onto the surface. After it was dry, the background was trimmed to 3.25 x 5.5” and glued onto a piece of mustard yellow card stock 3.75” wide.

I used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment onto this 2-layer panel in VersaMark Onyx Black Ink, coated it with a clear embossing powder and heat set the powder. I trimmed a piece of craft foam just a little smaller than the entire panel, attached it to the back with strong, double-sided tape and then taped it to the center of the card front. I really like the way this 2-layered panel floats above the card front by using the craft foam. I used the small ink blended pieces that I trimmed from the front panel to finish off the card’s interior.

I die cut the church images from heavy white card stock and attached them to the front with foam tape; a sprinkle of sequins finished off the card.


Thanks for stopping by!

Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment