Thursday, May 24, 2018

Mother's Day Card | Honey Bee Stamps - Zen Bouquet



Hey there!

This recent Mother's Day card is my submission for the 5/23 Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: 'Use More Than One Stamp' - featuring Honey Bee Stamps. This card is a BIG Boy because I didn't want to trim down the beautiful Zen Bouquet any more than I had to...so it comes in at a whopping 8.5 x 5.5 inches!

After prepping the Strathmore Bristol with my anti-static powder tool, I used my MISTI to stamp the image with VersaMark ink. This took a few reinkings to get really good coverage on this large stamp and then I embossed it with an antique gold embossing powder. 

To color the image, I smooshed my palette of five Distress Oxide Inks onto a craft mat, spritzed the inks with water and let the fun begin! I dipped my embossed image onto the mat several times, moving the image to reposition after each contact. I wiped the mat clean/reinked it a couple of times so that the colors wouldn't get muddy and hurried up the drying process a bit with my heat tool. I then selectively popped-up the floral definition by painting the inks into a few areas. The entire image was spritzed with a shimmer spray to re-activate the ink and daubed with a paper towel to give it some texture. 

The bouquet was cut with the coordinating die, trimmed slightly and glued to the card front. The only embellishment I used was a mix of regular and chunky Rainbow Sparkle Jewels that I purchased from Little Things From Lucy's Cards. I was so excited when she recently introduced chunky-sized jewels because sometimes you just need a bigger bit of bling (and it was awesome getting a craft supply delivery from "across the pond".) See how beautiful they are?!!


I LOVE the medium-sized "happy" script from the appropriately named "happy happy happy" stamp/die set by Lawn Fawn and glued several individual die cuts together before adhering it onto the card; the mother's day sentiment is from this same stamp set.

After it was carefully padded in its 6 x 9-inch envelope, this card ate up a bunch of my 'Forever' stamps but it made it from North Carolina to Ohio in perfect condition. : )

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. WOW - this is AMAZING!!! LOVE your beautiful coloring! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete