Sunday, May 27, 2018

Birthday Card | Bubble Over


Hey there!

Today I would like to share this birthday card featuring the Bubble Over stamp/die set from Stamping' Up.  I really like this set because it can be used for so many different occasions - especially for masculine-themed cards. 

I cut and glued strips of the patterned paper to edges of a white A-2 top-folding card base and then attached a narrower piece of navy card stock to the middle of the card front. After die cutting four bottle images, I glued them together in pairs. The bottles were then colored using Distress Oxide Inks, spritzed with shimmer spray and flecked with white pearlized paint. You can almost hear them fizzing!

The straws were die cut from a coordinating card stock and I used the negative cut as a template to lightly blend ink onto each bottle. The straws were then aligned and glued to the back of each bottle image. I added the stamped/die cut labels to each bottle and adhered the trimmed sentiment to the rose card stock. The yellow bottle was glued down onto the card and the sentiment and rose bottle were popped up with foam tape. I finished the card with a mix of sequins/confetti/gems and added a bit of shine to the straws/labels with a Wink of Stella Clear Shimmer Marker.


Thanks so much for "popping" by and have a great day!

Rachelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment