Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Birthday Card | Seas The Day

Hey there!

I’m beginning to think I have a problem – an honest-to-goodness addiction! I just can’t seem to resist all of the great stamp/die sets containing sea creatures! (I wonder if being a Pisces has anything to do with it?) The card today features a mix of some of my favorite images from the following: Julie Ebersole’s “Mermaid's Tail” and “S’Whale”, Hero Arts’ “Mer-Mazing Messages”, and Memory Box’s “Oceana Corner Die”.

To begin, a piece of teal card stock was glued onto a 6-inch square white card base. I taped a piece of Strathmore Bristol onto an Epicurean Cutting Board and randomly blended several colors of Distress Oxide Inks (Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean, & Broken China) onto the paper while leaving some white margins. After spraying generously with water, I flicked large drops of pearlized watercolors onto the wet inks with a stencil brush, waited about 15 seconds and daubed it with a dry paper towel. Additional ink and watercolor drops were added to the paper until I achieved the underwater look I wanted and then the entire surface was sprayed with Sheer Shimmer Spritz.  After it was dry, the panel was cut down to a 5-inch square, which matched the size of the Oceana corner die. I glued the die cut pieces onto the left side of the painted surface. The square panel was put into the MISTI and several fish images were stamped. After prepping the surface with an anti-static tool, the sentiment was stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder. I glued a 4.75-inch square piece of white craft foam onto the back of this panel and attached it to the center of the teal card front using strong double-sided adhesive tape. A mix of Lucy’s Ice Cube & Rainbow Sparkles Jewels were added and the die cut was highlighted with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen.

I love how the fish seem to fade into the watery background and the corner die cut is amazing! 




Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Rachelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment