Thursday, May 2, 2024

Birthday Card | Angie Blom Designs "Coolest Chicks Ever" | Krafty Chicks Challenge #714 - Week #1 Stamps



Hey there!

It's Week #1 over at Krafty Chicks Challenge and that means it's time for some stamping! I decided to go with a very apt theme - Angie Blom's "Coolest Chicks Ever" digital stamp set! We raised chickens when I was growing up and they looked a lot like this one at the top!


I sized the chick with the flower necklace (kind of like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?!?) to fit an A2-sized card front and printed it onto 100# white card stock. I trimmed the panel and ink blended the background with Distress Oxides, leaving a bit of white space around the chick. I watercolored the image and attached this panel to a top-folding card base. I created the two sentiments on the computer and die cut them both. A strip of red gingham pattern paper was adhered to the bottom and the sentiments were attached on top; a few blue sequins were added to finish up the design!


I just love the expression on her face! I decided to do a second card with one of the other images in the set, "The Chick With The Giant Glasses" and I think I like this one even more than the first! I colored her like a Bantam Hen (we raised this type of chicken, too, and these feisty "Banties" would chase me around the barnyard!) 


I really like Angie Blom's illustrations - they have a touch of whimsy and imperfection that I find really fun to work with! This is what the set includes:


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you'll join us over at the Krafty Chicks Challenge for Week #714 - Stamping! And check out what the Krafty Chicks are up to!



Happy crafting! 
Rachelle

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Rachelle your cards are so much fun. I love the quirky chicks and your colouring is so rich and vibrant. I'm delighted to have you with us again in May. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, the image is so bold and wonderful, and your coloring is amazing, we are so happy you are with us again this month. Hugs, have a great day! L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful bold colors on your chicks! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing card! And so fitting for the Krafty Chicks Challenge, I might have get my hands on this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great digi stamps!! I love that plaid on the bottom and you colored it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete