Thursday, April 4, 2024

Birthday Card | Graciellie Design - "Rainbow Birthday Cake" Digital Stamp Set | Krafty Chicks Challenge #710 - Week #1 Stamps


Hello!

I’m so excited to announce that I have been invited to join the Krafty Chicks Challenge as a guest designer for the next few months! I have been following this wonderful weekly challenge for many years and it’s an honor to become a part of this great team for a guest gig! 

We are starting Challenge #710 with Week #1 - Stamps (inked or digital) and I chose a great digi stamp set from Graciellie Designs, “Rainbow Birthday Cake”. The original cake was created as a tall slimline image but with just a few tweaks, I was able to convert it to a 3-layer design that would fit on my A2-sized card front.

After resizing, I printed the image onto 80# white card stock and watercolored both versions. Distress Oxide Ink was blended around the edge of the pink version and both card fronts were spattered with gold metallic paint. I trimmed both painted fronts down to 4” x 5.35” and glued them to coordinating card stock. Baker’s twine was wrapped around and tied to the panel, which was attached to an A2 top-folding card base. 

The sentiment on the pink version was already printed onto the cake layers but I stamped/die cut the sentiment for the primary card and popped it into place with foam tape. This is a classic image and I have made dozens of these cards for my birthday stash!


Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you will link up your “Stamp” project over at the Krafty Chicks Challenge !

Happy Crafting!
Rachelle

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachelle!! I am so excited to have you in the hen house for the next couple months!! :) You're such a talented paper crafter - I have been following you for years also! LOL...Awesome birthday cards xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, and so great, like this image/stamp and the colors are wonderful. Super happy you are with us this month at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day! Cheers, L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow two awesome cards Rachelle. I love the giant slice of cake (I could really eat that right about now) and your colouring is fantastic. I love the added twine too. We are honoured to have you as our guest chick for the next few months. Have a great day, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one slice of cake that I love. I need to check this digi out.!!

    ReplyDelete