Thursday, September 14, 2023

Halloween Card | Whimsy Stamps - "Halloween Bawoon" Red Rubber Stamp


TA DA! I made a one-layer card!

I have never been a horror movie fan - no Friday the 13th or Jason for me! And while I watch nearly every action/spy/murder mystery/adventure flick, I just can't get into the "blood 'n guts" fright night films. So you might be surprised when I tell you that when I was given a choice to pick out my favorite new Whimsy Stamps' release product to use, this "Halloween Bawoon" Stamp Set was at the top of my wish list! As soon as I saw this great image, this card instantly designed itself and the contrast between the sweet little girl holding her horrifying balloon is SO CREEPY!

Halloween Bawoon Red Rubber Stamp Set

This card size is a shortened slimline - 7.5 x 4" and I stamped the image both on a white card stock panel and masking paper. After fussy cutting, the mask image was placed on top of the card panel. I washed the area above the balloon with water, trailing down a few drips along the sides and sprinkled just a very small amount of gray Brushos Colour Crystals onto the wet paper. The area was spritzed with shimmer mist and rotated so the colors could blend and run together. I added more water droplets in certain places and used my heat gun to dry the area. Some water color was added on top and I added one spritz of Tim Holtz "Empty Tomb" Mica Stain on top to give it that eerie metallic shine! 


The masking paper was removed, the image was colored and the sentiment was stamped using the MISTI. I trimmed my panel down a bit and attached it to a base to finish up this card! I just LOVE the ominous cloud hanging over the bawoon!

Head on over to the Whimsy Stamps "New Release" Section to check out all of the other fantastic  Halloween products in the shop!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and happy crafting!

Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. You make the most amazing Halloween cards!! I love every single one you created this past week (but I'm being lazy and only commenting once....on my favourite one (: ). This one is especially brilliant, I adore this stamp and I absolutely love what you did above the balloon. So clever!

    ReplyDelete