Monday, September 11, 2023

Halloween Card | Whimsy Stamps - "Creepy Clown Sleep Tight" Rubber Cling Stamp

 


Hello!

This may be one of the scariest cards I've ever made and it all starts with Whimsy Stamps' truly frightening image in the "Creepy Clown Sleep Tight" Stamp Set! I wanted this card to have a retro circus feel so I started with an inked background and created my own striped stencil by cutting a dozen radiating lines in heavy-weight chipboard. I then stenciled the red stripes onto a yellow inked background and spiraled the cut out around the panel to create the pattern. A blue panel was ink blended with distress oxides and die cut with the Comic Burst A2 Die. I used this die again to cut a piece of cream card stock, ink blended the edges of the inner burst and used it in the middle of the blue panel. The clown was stamped, watercolored and fussy cut. All three components are shown below before assembly.


I adhered the background striped panel to a card base and the comic burst centered on top. I added an action wobbler to the back of the clown, pushed him into place and added my stamped/die cut sentiment! A few small gold stars were glued onto the blue panel to finish up the card.


He is oh so creepy and the action wobbler takes him over the top! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Happy crafting - Rachelle 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment