Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Encouragement Card | Graciellie Design - "Grunge & Leaves" Background

 
Hello!

Here's my final project as a Guest Designer for Graciellie Design! I chose an encouragement card in a sand/aqua color way using Gracie's "Grunge & Leaves" Background design. I superimposed the word "HOPE" from the "Vintage Peonies 1" Digi Set on top of this background and watercolored the design with this limited palette.

I left the interior of the word purposefully blank so that it would lift away from the background but you could still read the leaf pattern through the letters! This is the first time I have ever tried something like this and I was very happy with the result! I added some additional stippling to the background to make the grunge look a bit more like sand and shaded around the leave for a bit of added dimension. The panel was trimmed down to fit an A2 card base and a scattering of aqua sequins finished up the card.

This single word of encouragement fits perfectly on this calm, peaceful background.

Thanks so much for joining me today!

Happy crafting - Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment