Friday, August 12, 2022

Halloween Card | Whimsy Stamps - "UFO" Die Set & "Wait For Me" Stamp Set

 


NERD ALERT!!!

I confess - I am a Sci-Fi nerd! Anything UFO/space alien/Area 51/Star Trek related, I'm a true believer! I even dragged my hubby to the International UFO Museum in Roswell, New Mexico, last fall so that I could see the evidence myself! So I am VERY excited to share an out-of-this-world card with you today featuring this little green man! Whimsy Stamps has an amazing selection of space/alien/UFO products and I used the "UFO" Dies and images from the "Wait For Me" Stamp Set to create this project!

I inked up an A2 background panel with Distress Oxides (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch & Black Soot), spattered it with water/white paint and set is aside to dry. Then I created my space ship by combining matte silver, glitter and holographic papers together on top of an acetate base. This gave me a "glass windshield" to tuck my little alien behind! You can see how the pieces of this die set work together in the product shot below! I added some specialty gemstones to the exterior and this space ship was ready to take flight!
I attached the inked panel to the front of an A2-card base and stamped the alien & sentiment with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink. I left the alien in my MISTI and re-stamped the image after I painted it with opaque gouache. The space ship was popped up with foam tape on the card front and using metallic watercolors, I painted a light beam leading down to the alien, who appears to be desperate to escape this planet! Sometimes, I know exactly how he feels!

CHALLENGES:



Thanks for joining me and happy crafting! - Rachelle

3 comments:

  1. Your background and aliens are fabulous,the sentiment made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card it really made me laugh at that fantastic sentiment.As for the colouring and design it's absolutely gorgeous from the amazing background to the fire coming from the spacecraft.

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That teleportation beam is so effective and your sentiment made me laugh!

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete