Sunday, October 31, 2021

Christmas Card | Pink & Main - "Holiday Mugs"

 

Hey there!

I've got a fun project for you today! It's my first foray into Pink & Main's brand new release of flocking products! And let me tell you - it was so easy to use that I may start adding this great product to every card! I created my peppermint-inspired panel by simply laying down small strips of the 1/4'' EZ Tear Tape on a piece of white card stock measuring 6" x 2". After peeling off the release paper, I coated the adhesive with the "Sparkling Santa's Hat Flock" over a piece of paper (just like you would when applying glitter.) The flock really sticks to the tape and all I did to ensure adhesion was to cover it with my thin craft mat and gently rub it with my hand. The flocking adds so much texture/dimension and there was minimal flake off when I trimmed the panel down to attach to the left side of an A2 card base. Here's what the sparkling flock looks like - soft, fuzzy fibers with lots of glitter. Each color also comes without glitter so you can mix and match the products together for different looks!


I applied a thin coat of glitter paste through the "Random Dots" Stencil on a panel of white card stock and set it aside to dry. I then stamped, colored and die cut the travel cup from the "Holiday Mugs" Stamp Set. The sentiment from this same set was heat embossed on black card stock and die cut with the accompanying die. The detailed snowflake from the "Stacked Snowflake" Dies Set was cut from a silver piece of glitter paper from the "Winter Glitter Paper Pack" (Pink & Main is my favorite glitter paper of all time!) and I backed it with a blank white die cut for added strength.


I trimmed the dotted panel down to 3.25" x 5.5", backed it with a piece of cereal box chipboard and glued it to the right side of the card front. The sentiment and snowflake were glued directly to the front and the travel cup was popped up with foam tape; a few red sequins finished up the card! I can't wait to give this card to a coffee-loving friend this Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs - Rachelle

6 comments:

  1. The candy cane strip is the perfect finish to a beautiful card with in the backgroundlots of glitter and texture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous flocking, Red! I love the look of this glitter paper, and of course your beautiful mug!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Rachelle! I love that sparkly snowflake and what a beautiful mug image, gorgeous coloring as always!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful texture with the flocking and glitter, Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stunning hun. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flock is making a comeback? I used to love it "back in the day". What a beauty of a card!

    ReplyDelete