Saturday, October 30, 2021

All Occasion Card | Picket Fence Studios - "Iconic Beauty Sara" Stamp Set

Hello!

I created a mixed media piece featuring this beautiful new image from the "Iconic Beauty Sara" Stamp Set. Sara is somewhat abstract and so I thought she would fit right into a heavily textured background. I began by applying ink washes directly onto a page from an old French book and spattering it with pearlized paints. I stamped Sara onto the bottom right corner allowing the image to bleed off the page.  

Iconic Beauty Sara

 

I then went back into the page with additional ink blending using the NEW Slim Line Changes Stencil to add pattern around the image. Several areas were highlighted with white color washes and details added to her hair/face. I also painted lots of small highlights/patterns with gold paint and went back into the black ink with a fine-tipped permanent marker to add hashmark textures to soften the edges.


I added just a bit of the "Black Rainbow" Paper Glitz to her hair for a bit of depth and shine and stamped the sentiment (from this same set) on top using my MISTI. The panel was trimmed down to 4" x 5.25" and attached to a top-folding A2 black card base. I added some of the iridescent sequins from the "Midnight Tales Sequin Mix Plus" to finish up the card. I love these sequins because they look blue from one angle and gold from another - a perfect match for this palette!


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Happy crafting!
Hugs - Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. Love the text and penalised paint background,Sarah is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mixed media piece is gorgeous Rachelle!! I love how you used an old book for the background and what a beautiful image, love the bright colors too, awesome creation my friend!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete