Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Christmas Card | Picket Fence Studios - "For The Holidays" Stamp Set

Happy Wednesday!

I've got a simple card design for you today and it's a one-layer creation! I had to resist adding some bling but this peaceful image is so pretty, I didn't think it needed it! This stone cottage in the woods is from the NEW Picket Fence Studios' "For the Holidays" Stamp Set.  This set includes this large A2-sized image and lots of great sentiments!



Using my MISTI, I stamped the cottage onto two pieces of 110# white card stock with a combination of black and dark brown inks. I used gouache to paint the image only, leaving the sky without color; this  took about two hours to complete. I fussy cut the second stamped image along the tree line, creating a mask and used it to ink blend the winter night sky with Distress Oxides - Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch and Black Soot. I spritzed the entire piece with shimmer mist, spattered it with diluted opaque white paint and added the Christmas Star in the sky.

I trimmed the piece down to 4" x 5.25", added a black mat and attached it to a white A2 card base. This feeling of peace is what I feel when I go home to my parent's house for Christmas - I hope we can all feel this way during the upcoming holidays! Take care!

CHALLENGES:









Happy Crafting and have a great day!
Hugs - Rachelle

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful peaceful scene,love traditional Christmas cards,absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular!! How's about we meet here for Christmas?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card.

    Thank you for joining us for the October challenge at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, this is gorgeous! Such amazing attention to detail. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your sky is just amazing!! Perfect blending if you ask me. I love the whole winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and it looks so peaceful in that scene!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete