Saturday, September 4, 2021

Christmas Card | Picket Fence Studios - "Holly Jolly Christmas" Stamp/Die Sets

 

YAY! It's the weekend!

Here's a peppermint candy inspired Christmas card design for you featuring the NEW "Holly Jolly Christmas" Stamp & Die Sets! I added a bit of graphic detail in the background with the "Watercolor Brush Strokes" Stencil contrasting against the white die cut panel in the foreground.

The holly image was stamped with Picket Fence Studios' "Black Hybrid Ink" was colored using the ink-smooshing technique with these Distress Oxides - "Twisted Citron", "Mowed Lawn", "Evergreen Bough", "Worn Lipstick" and "Candied Apple". Where there were blank areas, I selectively added a bit  more ink with a brush. This took me about 5 minutes total to complete! After the image was dry, it was  cut with the coordinating die and backed with a plain blank cut. 

I spread a small amount of the "Traditional Christmas Green" Paper Glitz onto a piece of dark green card stock and set it aside to dry. After about 15 minutes it was dry to the touch and I die cut the panel with the "Slim Line Oversized Joy To The World" Die.  

An A2 die cut panel of 110# Neenah Solar White card stock was stenciled with the "Candied Apple" ink, sprayed with water and spattered with green/red metallic watercolors. When it was dry, I attached it to an A2 card front. The angled piece of white card stock was die cut and attached on top with glue. The holly image was attached to the front with foam tape and the word "Joy" was glued underneath. I added a sprinkling of the NEW "Candy Cane" Gem Mix for a bit of bling! 


I'm really picky about gems because most brands just don't sparkle very much but I highly recommend Picket Fence Studios' Mixes - they are super-quality flat back gems and a real value at $7.99 per compact containing approximately 750 individual pieces. They can compete head-to-head with true glass-crystal varieties for depth of color and true sparkle for a fraction of the cost!

Thanks for joining me today and for taking the time to comment!

Happy crafting and have a great day!
Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly believe this took you so short a time to make,a gorgeous creation,love the image against the background and the white panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and design Rachelle, I LOVE that brush stroke stencil!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete