Thursday, September 2, 2021

Christmas Card | Picket Fence Studios - "A Christmas Flower"


Hello!

We're now into September which means it's time to get rolling on Christmas/holiday cards and the recent Picket Fence Studios' releases have been full of wonderful new products to get our Christmas crafting off on the right foot!

I send out quite a few cards to folks who don't celebrate Christmas and the card today is the perfect way to share a bit of general winter and/or holiday cheer! I used the NEW "A Christmas Flower" Stamp Set to create this winter floral card design.

I began with an A2 panel of 110# Neenah Solar White card stock and using my MISTI, I aligned the poinsettia image, bleeding off the edge, in the top left corner of the panel. I stamped this image using Picket Fence Studios' "Black Hybrid Ink" and then turned the panel 180 degrees and stamped it again so that the image appeared in opposite corners. 


I watercolored the poinsettias, spattered the panels with diluted paints and then added a graduated blue wash around the flowers for a bit of depth. I went back into the images with a tiny paint brush (a 000) and using my gold paint, added touches of fine detail throughout; this panel was trimmed to 3.75" x 5".

I heat embossed the sentiment from the "A Happy Winter To You" Stamp Set with fine gold powder onto heavy-weight vellum, trimmed it to size and wrapped it around the floral panel, securing it behind. This was attached to an A2 top-folding black card base and I added a few matte gold sequins from the NEW "Pumpkin Cookies" Sequin Mix Plus to finish up the card!

I just love the sprinkling of gold on this design and those gorgeous poinsettias are the star of the show! There are so many different ways to color this beautiful image and be sure to check out Picket Fence Studios' Instagram Page where you'll find great design inspiration!

Challenges:








Thanks so much for joining me today and happy crafting! 
Rachelle  

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully coloured as always,the shading on the poinsettia is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous winter card Rachelle! I love the way you colored the poinsettia's and the gold touches are stunning! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and take care.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Amazing colouring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poinsettias are beautifully colored, Rachelle! Thanks for sharing with Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I like flowers and the colors are amazing, nice images and thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    Leanne DT/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Rachelle. This card is sooooo pretty. Love all the details you have added to the poinsettias. Thanks for sharing over at Crafter's Cafe. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning! Your coloring is...hm, I have no words! <3

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete