Monday, August 16, 2021

Halloween Box Card | Picket Fence Studios - "Triple Trouble" Stamp Set



Hello!

YAY! The August Release is here and I'm still focusing on Halloween with this spooky box card featuring the NEW "Triple Trouble" Stamp Set! The large stamp set has this scary pumpkin trio with lots of smaller images and tons of great sentiments, including the curved greeting I used! It was so much fun to create this box card using the coordinating die to partially cut this image! When folded, the final card measures 5.5" square but I will mail it in a 6" envelope with some protective padding!

Using my "Life Changing Blender Brushes", I created an ink-blended panel with the following Distress Oxide Inks this order:

Squeezed Lemonade
Wild Honey
Carved Pumpkin
Seedless Preserves
Wilted Violet        
Black Soot

Here’s what the panel looked like before I added the pumpkins!


The image was stamped with PFS "Black Hybrid Ink" using my MISTI and had I to re-ink the image a couple of times in order to get good coverage as the ink reacted with the DOI's. This gave me a rich, dark black, which really pops against these colors! I positioned the die in place and partially die cut it from the top and trimmed the horizontal line using my craft knife. This front panel measures 6" wide and was scored 1/2" from each side to create the sides of my box. I added another black card stock panel to the back to give it some added strength since this will be folded in and out of the standing box position!

I die cut a 3.75" circle for my full moon, ink blended it with Squeezed Lemonade/Wild Honey DOI's, sprayed it with water and spattered it with gold watercolor. Once again, I backed this with one more circle die cut and stamped the sentiment on the front using the MISTI. You can see how I added the extra die cuts in this picture - it really gives the card a finished look:


I created the back panel using this basic shape, measuring and hand cutting it from black card stock and scoring it on the white lines at 1/2" from both sides. I cut another piece from light yellow card stock just a bit smaller in size, stamped the sentiment/images and attached it to the black panel. The moon was then glued onto the front.
I added a short inside tab to the middle of the box because I wanted to include some floating bats on small acetate strips; this tab measured 1" x 5.5" and was scored at 1/4" from both sides. To assemble, all of the panels were adhered together with lots of Scor-Tape and I added just a few sequins to finish up the front! Here's a shot looking down into the box and every time it's moved, the little bats flutter, adding so much interest to this card! 


Here's the NEW  "Triple Trouble" Stamp Set!


Thanks so much for joining me and head over to the Picket Fence Studios' Shop to see all of the other great products from the August Release!

Challenges:








Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!
Rachelle

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant,love the stamp set,it's scary enough for little ones but not too game for older kids.Your colouring is fantastic as always.
    Hopefully the covid numbers will drop soon and you will be able to get out more

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... this is stunning! LOVE the beautifully colored background and your overall design is AMAZING! You are so talented!
    Don't forget to share it with us over at Two Old Bats. I'm sure everyone would be inspired by this creation! I know I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red, this is amazing! and OH so fun - loving that web-y ribbon, too! Your blended colors are just fabBOOlous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous. Nice work. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously created Halloween card, fabulous design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
    Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a walk through Two Old Bats and wanted to say what a great card this was. I love how the pumpkin's faces look and the great DOX colors. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachelle, wowsy, what a striking card!

    Thanks so much for joining us at TwoOldbatshalloweenchallenge.blogspot.com
    — Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/">Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in
    Monique DT its fab

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great stamp and fabulous card design. Thank you for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

    ReplyDelete