Monday, July 26, 2021

All Occasion Card | Die Cut Mash Up!


Happy Monday!

Here's a card that mixes-n-matches products from Ellen Hutson, MFT Stamps and The Greetery! It's so much fun when you have an idea for a design and you are able to dig through your stash to find everything you need to make it happen! 

I started by ink blending five bases for my rainbow with Distress Oxide Ink mid-tones - Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Dusty Concord. I also blended the background from a mix of Tumbled Glass/Salty Ocean and all of the panels were sprayed with shimmer mist and spattered with water. I just love how the rainbow colors look together on these inked panels!


I cut the entire rainbow from each color (using a retired MFT Stamps stitched rainbow die) and saved all of the extra pieces for future projects! The heart from the Ellen Hutson's "High Five" Die Set was cut from a scrap piece of the Fired Brick panel. The frame was cut three times using the largest "Crimped Frame Die" from The Greetery and the pieces were glued together for strength and dimension. This frame was backed with the Salty Ocean panel and attached to the front of an A2 card base.

The largest hands from Ellen Hutson's "Hands" Die Set were cut, lightly inked and attached at the bottom only, leaving the hands free. I glued the pieces of my rainbow to a scrap piece of card stock and carefully fussy cut around the entire shape. The rainbow was adhered into place behind the open hands and the heat embossed/die cut sentiment from Ellen Hutson's "Hang On" Stamp Set was attached on top of the frame. The heart was popped into place with foam tape and I added some sequins to finish up the card!

Challenges:








Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your week is off to a great start!

Happy Crafting - Rachelle

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the blending...
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours layout Rachelle,hope all is well with you yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific! I get so excited myself when I can group different products together from my stash :). Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful card, love the colours. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  5. bright and cheerful great card ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a colorful card Rachelle! Gorgeous ink blending and design!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, you were selected as a Top Rocker for the week of July 25th-31st, 2021. Please stop by our blog and grab your badge.

    Thanks so much for a wonderful response to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete