Thursday, April 22, 2021

Birthday Card | Pink & Main - "Roses"


Hello!

Today I'll be using the new Roses Stamp & Die Setsfrom Pink & Main's April Release! I just love the line quality on this set – it’s so well drawn and I’m showcasing the rosebud image in this birthday card!

 

I mixed a small batch of custom embossing powder (silver, white pearl and a touch of gold sparkle) and heat embossed the flower with this blend on a pale gray card stock. The flower was water colored/die cut and I loosely gathered a bit of silver embroidery thread together and taped it to the back of the flower.



I used Dusty Concord/Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Inks and lightly ink blended the Deco Stencil pattern onto the same pale gray card stock. The panel was spritzed with shimmer mist, spattered with a little diluted ink and trimmed to 3.75” x 5”. I ink blended a solid panel with these same two inks to use as a mat for my stenciled piece; it was trimmed to 4” x 5.25” and glued to the center of an A2 top-folding white card base. 

 

I selectively cut just the fishtail end of the largest banner die and then trimmed rest with a craft knife to be about 2” longer than the original size! This trick works every time! I stamped the sentiment (from the new Missing You Stamp Set), glued it to the stenciled panel and trimmed it from the back with scissors. 



I attached the rosebud on top of the sentiment strip and this layer was adhered to the inked panel. I added a mix of “Hooray” and “Happy Mail” Glitter Enamel Dots to finish the card! It was fun to try a new color palette and I was happy with the result so I consider that a giant WIN/WIN! Yippee!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!


Challenges:


Classic Design Team Challenge - April #4 2021


Crafter's Cafe #264 - Flowers


Daisy Chain Challenges - #51 Monochrome


The Flower Challenge #55 - Pretty Pastels


Addicted To Stamps and More #403 - Birthdays


Krafty Chicks #556 - All Occasions


Rachelle

8 comments:

  1. A wonderful layout, stamped image and sentiment,love your background and the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Rachelle! Gorgeous colors and absolutely beautiful embossed flower, love how you made a custom powder!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower! I have never thought of mixing embossing powders, but it sure is a pretty look, especially with the shades of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so pretty. I like the idea of mixing embossing powder. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super floral card, and such beautiful colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafters Cafe, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO gorgeous! Love the pretty blooms. Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, Rachelle. Glad you joined us this week at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete