Saturday, April 24, 2021

Birthday Card | Graciellie Design - "Magnolia Branch"



Hello!

Well - it's Day 10 of the Coloring Challenge (the final day) over at the Daily Marker! I've enjoyed posting projects on my IG page and following along with all of the other colorists out there! 


Today's project is really all about the color! Do you have an affinity for any particular color? I've got a couple of favorites and one of them is the Distress Ink color "Victorian Velvet"! What's so weird about this color fetish is that I don't own any piece of clothing, jewelry, furniture, houseware, etc., in this color!!! So I'm not quite sure why I love it so much...but there it is!?!? I made it the main focus of my birthday card palette today and used the image from Gracie's new release, "Magnolia Branch". 


I sized, printed and water colored the magnolia branch image on 100# card stock. I partially die cut the panel with a slimline die and fussy cut around the flower petals on the right side. I ink blended and stenciled the "Stained Glass" pattern from Pink & Main around the magnolia branch, leaving the center area highlighted by the white cardstock. The panel was sprayed with shimmer mist and spattered with diluted white paint.

The floral panel was glued onto a black mat and then onto a white slimline card base. I added a printed birthday sentiment strip (from Gracie's "Beautiful Day" Bundle) and some gorgeous "Essential Pearls" from Pink & Main's new embellishment line to finish up the card! These pearls are so shiny and almost multi-tonal! 

I can't wait to send this card out to its intended recipient! Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope the rest of your weekend is fantastic! Take care!

Challenges:
















Rachelle

7 comments:

  1. As always your colouring is exquisite Rachelle,the magnolia image makes a beautiful slimline card,which the recipient will treasure,hope you're well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are always so inspirational. This is gorgeous. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! BEAUTIFUL! Your positioning & coloring are fabulous! Just gorgeous my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW absolutely stunning card love the fabulous flowers and amazing water colouring-brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachelle, I have stared at this card for so long. It is absolutely stunning! The background is interesting enough and yet not overpowering so not to take away from your gorgeous magnolia flowers. So impressive! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Rachelle, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Stunning image and colors, your watercoloring is always so beautiful!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete