Friday, March 26, 2021

All Occasion Card | Pink & Main - "Mermazing Coffee"


 Happy Friday!

The Coffee Lovers Spring/Summer Hop ends today and Pink & Main is a Super Sponsor for this great event! You've still got time to upload your coffee/tea projects over on the blog and you could win some fantastic crafty prizes - including a $25 Prize Pack from Pink & Main! My card today features this gorgeous gal who's sipping on her favorite caffeinated brew! 

I stamped, colored and die cut the mermaid image from the "Mermazing Coffee" Stamp Set and backed her with two additional blank die cuts. I ink-blended a piece of heavy weight vellum with Salty Ocean DO Ink and die cut it with both a circle die and then again with the largest Reverse Scallop Rectangle Die to create an ocean wave silhouette. I did the same thing with a piece of turquoise glitter paper from the latest release. 

I created a shaped card base by using the largest die from the "Large Fish Tail Banner" Set and running it through the die machine with the die extended just over the top fold of the card stock. I used this same die to cut a regular shape from the blue zig-zag pattern paper from the "Pastel Dreams" Paper Pad - it echoed the wave pattern I wanted! This die cut was adhered to the shaped card base.


Next, I die cut five of the largest "Reverse Scallop Circles" from white card stock. I attached the vellum waves behind the first scallop frame and then glued/stacked the rest to the back. I glued the glitter paper die cut in place on top of the vellum on the card front and ink blended a panel with "Tumbled Glass" and "Salty Ocean" Distress Oxide Inks. This panel was die cut with a circle die, attached to the back of my stacked scallop frame and this entire piece was glued to the card front. A couple of glue dots were added to the back of the mermaid and she was tucked in behind the vellum. I just love the dimensional waves and the see-through vellum layer!


I added a small trimmed sentiment from the same stamp set, coordinating baker's twine and some iridescent bubbles to finish up the card! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Take care and stay safe!
Rachelle

10 comments:

  1. Wow Awesome!! Love love love it!!!
    Wish you a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachelle,this is a fabulous fun card love your image and sentiment,sorry not around much,we are in the middle of a move,we'd to find a property and complete and move in 4 weeks our buyer wanted a quick entry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring in the mermaid with her coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh so cute! The only thing stopping me from wanting to be a Mermaid is no coffee, now that I know they have it..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I love her red hair. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your coffee creation!

    I’m hoping over from the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Love this. Fun design

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute mermaid she is!! Love all the sparkle in the water too!!

    ReplyDelete