Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Christmas Card | Sparkles Monthly Challenge - #135 White on White + One Color for Sentiment

Hello!

We have a new challenge theme over on the Sparkles Monthly Blog - "White-On-White + One color for Sentiment." White color challenges have always been a bit tricky for me and this one was no exception! It was so fiddly and I ended up scrapping my first card and starting all over again! : ( 

But once I got a simple design figured out, it all came together! : )

I cut the snowflake shapes and the omit sentiment rectangle with the Cricut from white pearlized card stock. I stacked 4 sentiment cuts together to give it some dimension and backed it with red card stock as my one extra color. All of these pieces were adhered onto a stitched scalloped rectangle and then glued onto an A2 card base. I added white pearlized confetti to finish up the card...whew, you'd never know it, but this took me two fulls days to complete!!!

I really can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge - link your projects up in the Sparkles Monthly Challenge Gallery! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and for commenting!

Challenge Submissions:

The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog #154 - White Christmas

Make My Monday #137 - Christmas Theme

The Paper Girls #213 - Snowflakes

Use Your Stuff #412 - Winter/Christmas/Snow

Crafty Calendar Challenge December 2020 - Christmas

Rachelle

8 comments:

  1. wow Rachelle, your card certainly makes a statement , love the size and depth of your central sentiment, hope you are well and ready for Christmas. Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous creation Rachelle. I am no good at white on white. I did add blue gems on mine after posting for the challenge.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your designs, Red... and adore a bright white, CAS Christmas card - this one fits the bill, beautifully!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Rachelle! I love how you framed the sentiment with that beautiful snowflake die! I struggle with all white too... several of my projects ended up in the trash can! LOL!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love white on white cards and I especially love the red sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card. Love the white and red. Great dies. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love the layout. Thanks for joining in our 'Christmas' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete