Friday, October 9, 2020

Christmas Card | Graciellie Design - "Christmas Wishes" | Alphabet Challenge - "N" is for Navy

Happy FRI-YAY!

We're up to the letter "N" at the Alphabet Challenge and this time it stands for "Navy"! We would love to see the color navy blue featured in your projects and the design team has really knocked it out of the park this time so go check out their inspiration!

I chose to create a new-to-me design for this challenge - what I'm calling a 'hinge-front' card - and I used the Elegant Poinsettia image from Graciellie Design's just-released 2020 Holiday Set, "Christmas Wishes."

This bold floral image has such a wonderful outline and I wanted to showcase this by fussy cutting a large cropped area, which would be contrasted against my navy snow-spattered background. When using these digital files, I begin in PowerPoint with an A2 rectangle outline and size the images accordingly - see below - then I just remove the shape outline and hit print! Easy peasy! 



I printed two of the images, watercolored them both and then the fussy cutting festival began!!! I wanted lots of dimension so after trimming out the base layer to fit in the corner, I fussy cut just the top layer of the poinsettia flower and popped it up with foam tape. The sentiment strip was printed, die cut and adhered into place between the flower layers.


I ink-blended the background with DO inks, spattered it with opaque white paint and cut it with an A2 stitched rectangle die. I cut a small, folded-paper "hinge" and adhered it to both panels with Scor Tape along the left side. This is what the card looks like when it's open flat and then when it is closed! I was really happy with the way this image profile turned out when the card is standing up! Yippee! It's great when an idea comes together and doesn't end up in the garbage can!

Thanks so much for joining me today and we can't wait to see your "Navy" projects over in our Alphabet Challenge Gallery!

Additional Challenges:









Rachelle

14 comments:

  1. Hi Rachelle, you are a great ambassador for Gracielle, another amazing card, your image is so beautifully coloured and your layout amazing, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! Rachelle, this card is gorgeous!! Love those beautiful flowers that you watercolored perfectly. Love Graciellie images! Your navy background is wonderful. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a stunning card Rachelle! I love the hinge design and that beautiful poinsettia, absolutely gorgeous watercoloring!!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful stamp set Rachelle. I adore the sentiments with it. Your creation is beautiful.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA! What a fabulous idea and it looks AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS!! LOVE IT! You are so clever!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours here. Very beautifully done. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you cropped the image and fabulous colouring
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I would love to watch how you colour. This is so stunning. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card - I like that you stamped over the edge and also layered the flower. Thank you for joining in the Colour Palette Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really, really astonished by your coloring! You're a mastr!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderfully colored card! That navy really makes the other colors pop! Thanks for playing along at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

    ReplyDelete