Sunday, September 6, 2020

Halloween Pop-Up | Ellen Hutson - "Hands" and "Happy Haunting" By Julie Ebersole

 

What a Way To Go!

It was a hoot putting this halloween pop-up card together and I offer this as an "hommage" (said with a French accent!) to my favorite fall treat...CANDY CORN! I used my Cricut to create the creepy cemetery on the card front and some of my favorite Ellen Hutson / Julie Ebersole products to showcase the undead popping up from the grave! Are you scared yet?............You should be!  : )

I did a ton of ink blending, spattering and stenciling to create the purple background, the granite tombstone, full moon and grass areas. The epitaph was created in the Cricut Design space, die cut and glued onto the tombstone. All of the pieces were adhered into place on the card front and then I went to work on the v-shaped pop-up!

I cut a piece of green card stock with Lawn Fawn's "Grassy Border" Die and then cut, stenciled and scored the piece using this diagram. Using my Teflon bone folder, I gave each of these score lines a stiff crease and attached the pop-up to the center fold with Scor-Tape.


I chose the larger-size "Hands" dies, cut them from a bright green card stock and fussy cut long arms onto each one. Through trial and error, I figured out placement and glued them onto the back of the grass pop-up. I lightly bent each finger at the knuckle and added some Black Diamond Stickles to each finger nail just to up the creepy factor! I stamped, colored and die cut about a dozen of the large candy corns from the "Happy Haunting" set and adhered them all in place. 

Here's how the inside turned out! I just love the scattered pieces on the ground and those long fingers clutching the candy that killed them! : ) I didn't attach the fingers to the candy corn and it worked out well because they just fold shut when the card is closed. Because of its size (6.5" square) and detail, I'm going to hand deliver this card just to be on the safe side!




Here's a quick video showing how it all folds down on the inside: 


Thanks so much the stopping by and I really appreciate your comments!

Challenges:











Rachelle

16 comments:

  1. Your Halloween card must be the best one I have seen,lots of fun spooky elements and an amazing tombstone scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun creation for our 'Hand coloured image' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck
    Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is a candy corn fanatic and has a whole section at Halloween just with candy corn items! She would love this card. I love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Rachelle! I love the scary front and the pop up candy corn inside! The only thing better would be real candy corn enclosed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is SO MUCH FUN!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute! LOVE those hands with the black fingernails....and who doesn't like candy corn, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We hope to see you again next challenge.
    Smiles, Angela DT Member
    TTCRD DT
    https://chasingwhiteunicorns.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fab, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun card.
    Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Rachelle I LOVE this card!! Awesome pop-up design and details, the green hands with the black polish is perfect for Halloween! I wait every year for Candy Corn to appear in the stores, I love it too!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Rachelle this is such a fun halloween card.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards
    Hugs
    Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT Crazy Craft Corner{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so much fun, and a fa-boo-lous design. I love those hands, but I certainly never thought of using them this way. Brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Rachelle...so fun. Love the candy corn theme. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool pop-up card, Rachelle. Bravo! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Love to Craft Challenge! XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great design.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete