Friday, June 26, 2020

Summer Gift Box | Cut It Up! Challenge #203 - Celebrate Summer Color Palette


Hi!

We've got a fun new challenge starting on the Cut It Up! Blog today! 
It's a "Celebrate Summer" Color Palette Challenge and we can't wait to see your projects (which include a die cut) featuring these fun summer colors! Our generous sponsor for this challenge is Regina Easter over at The Cutting Cafe, who is giving away three cutting file sets to our winner! 


I used Regina's Gable Treat Box File for my project and added a few bit & pieces of my own to create  a colorful cabana beach house! I cut the two basic gable box pieces from yellow card stock and scored "siding" lines horizontally on each one. I also designed the striped cabana roof, door and window in the Cricut Design Space, die cut those pieces and began to assemble each half of the box separately. The stamped images are from MFT's now-retired "Penguins in Paradise" by Birdie Brown and I thought they would be a nice addition to the front of this tropical treat box! I die cut a few stitched sand dunes from kraft paper, added a heat-embossed sentiment and finished-up the easy box construction with Scor-Tape! The Design Team created some awesome projects for this challenge and we hope you will join us - just remember...don't forget the die cut!


Additional Challenges:








Rachelle

16 comments:

  1. You created fabulous scene on your box, the bright summer colours are stunning and that penguin adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gable box!! It's the cutest of the bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this little cutie! This cabana beach scene is absolutely delightful! Love the coloring, layering and design! Makes me want to take off for someplace fun with a cool drink in my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute & colourful scene for this lovely box Rachelle.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome scene on the box, you have a great talent for the 3-D stuff! (I made one of your trees from a few weeks ago 😊.) Thanks for your comments on the CAS Thanks card too!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love your box, the bright colors and embellishments really compliment each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachelle! I love your darling Cabana - and this handsome Cabana Boy! I'm sure I missed something - I'm going back in for second looks!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW this is awesome! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Rachelle, this is super adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww what a cute gift box Rachelle! I love the bright yellow color and the fun beach scene you created, that penguin is adorable!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachelle, that is the cutest gift box ever! You did an amazing job with this challenge.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous box and that scene is just perfect for summer. Reminds me of seeing the penguins on the beach in South Africa! Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge.
    Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts xx
    https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it how you turned your gift bag into a little beach house! It's perfect for summer. Thanks for sharing your 3D project with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shape and seaside theme to your gift box, its fabulous. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have to have a penguin to make a summer scene, I think. So very cute. So glad you joined us for our challenge "Summertime Fun" at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a awesome gift box!! Love the Bright colors and the cute little penguin you used!! LOVE, love this box!!
    Have a great day,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete